A Not so Good Attempt at S’mores Cupcakes

All photos by me!

Today I attempted on making smores cupcake, a mixture of both titles in the name. I followed the directions perfectly, from a recipe on the Food Network’s website, so all I can think about that wasn’t perfect was the recipe in general. The only thing I could think about that I did wrong was that for the frosting I didn’t use a pastry torch, as required for the frosting, but that doesn’t add up to why the rest of the recipe was messed up.

First I did the graham cracker crust on the bottom of the cupcake with sugar,mashed up graham crackers,and butter.It said to mix it and bake it alone in the oven for about 5 minutes.

Then  I did the batter,witch contains flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, water, vegetable oil,eggs,and vanilla extract.Then I baked the cupcake batter on top of  the graham crackers mix,and baked it for 15 minutes.

Then I started the marshmallow frosting,which has eggs,sugar cream of tartar,and vanilla extract but I added marshmallows.The recipe made me whisk it on top of a pot with boiling water.  The frosting was the most disastrous of all.😉Even before I added the marshmallows ,which was not required.

This did not turn out what I had hoped,but it was still fun to experiment.😜😝😋😛

19 thoughts on “A Not so Good Attempt at S’mores Cupcakes

• Thank you.I was actually surprised by the outcome as well,because it was my first recipe from the Food Network and I thought it would be a good recipe.😐🙂
      Thanks for reading.😊😂🤣☺️

1. Wow! That’s so cool, I would love to try those. Even thought they might have gotten a little messed up, they still look delicious 😋

2. It’s great that you tried to make smores cupcakes! I wouldn’t even dare to try to make something that. It is way too messy!

3. Awesome job Alexa!!! You did way better than I would’ve done. Can’t wait for you to come to school. You’re a hero.

4. Wow! Now I’ll know not to use that recipe. I think it’s really cool that you have such a good attitude after your recipe didn’t work out, because when I bake, and it goes wrong, I don’t always have such a positive outlook.
    Great post!
    P.s. Please let me know if you find a good recipe for this.

• Actually I was the same way after I saw the turnout,I actually wasn’t going to post it,because I was embarrassed,but my mom reminded me that mistakes are part of the process,and a blog wouldn’t be as fun if everything was perfect,so I decided to post them.Thank you so much for the courage,and I found a new recipe that I’m going to try soon of s’mores cupcakes,and I’lllet you know if it’s good.😜😜
      Thanks for reading😂😂

5. Wow smores cupcakes sound amazing I’m sorry you’re didn’t go the way you wanted them to, but they look delicious still.

6. I know you think they didn’t turn out perfect, but I do! They still seem really yummy and better than the time we put to many eggs in the cupcake, those were barely edible! 💝💝💝